Profhilo is an injectable anti-ageing treatment made from hyaluronic acid to address skin that is losing its elasticity and firmness with age. It is injected just below the surface of the skin where it disperses quickly and reacts with the tissue to instantly boost hydration.
Profhilo is made from hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar chain molecule found in the skin and throughout the body, identical across species. Hyaluronic acid attracts and binds water in the skin, providing volume and hydration, but also ‘cushions’ and supports collagen and elastin fibres and also provides a medium, or carrier, for the efficient transport of chemical messages between the cells. Profhilo contains a high concentration of hyaluronic acid, exceptionally pure because it’s unique and patented manufacturing process does not involve the use of chemical cross-linking agents to bind chains.
The treatment involves two appointments four weeks apart and the procedure will take about 10-15 minutes. There is no ‘downtime’ involved.
The product is injected in small ‘deposits’, you may be able to see them initially, but they settle usually within hours. It may be possible to feel the product where it has been injected under the skin. It will settle, there is no need to massage.
- Make-up should not be worn for 12 hours
- You are advised to avoid alcohol and vigorous exercise for 48 hours
- Avoid sunbathing, and extremes of heat or cold for 14 days post-treatment.
- Any bruising may take a few days to appear, arnica can be helpful in clearing bruising. It is advisable to avoid aspirin and alcohol for 12-48 hours after treatment.
- Tenderness should settle as swelling and bruising goes down.
Total cost for initial treatment is £500.
A booster treatment after 6 months is £250.